Identification and Characteristics of Spiritual Truth
2) Non-exclusionary: Truth is all-inclusive, non-secretive, and nonsectarian.
3)Availability: It is open to all, non-exclusive. There are no secrets to be revealed, hidden, or sold, and no magical formulas or "mysteries."
4) Benign: Truth is identifiable along a progressive gradient. It has no "opposite" and therefore no "enemies" to castigate or oppose.
5) Non-intentional: Truth does not intervene or have an agenda to propose, inflict, or promulgate.
6) Affirmative: Truth is beyond opinion or provability. Confirmation is purely by its subjective awareness; however, it is identifiable by consciousness calibration technique.
7) Non-operative: Truth does not "do" anything or "cause" anything; it is everything.
Identification and Characteristics of Integrous Teachers
2) Non-egoistic: Teachers are respected but reject personal adulation or specialness.
3) Non-authoritarian: There are no rules or dictates to be followed.
4) Simplistic: One sees the intrinsic beauty and perfection of all that exists beyond appearance and form.
5) Free of force or intimidation: There is no brainwashing, adulation of leaders, training rituals, indoctrinations, or intrusions into private life.
6) Non-binding: There are no regulations, laws, edicts, contracts, or pledges
7) Freedom: Participants are free to come and go without persuasion, coercion, intimidation, or consequences. There is no hierarchy; instead, there is voluntary fulfillment of practical necessities and duties.
8) Commonality: Recognition is a consequence of what one has become rather than as a result of ascribed titles, adjectives, or trappings.
9) Inspirational: Truth eschews and avoids glamorization, seduction, and theatrics.
10) Non-materialistic: Truth is devoid of neediness of worldly wealth, prestige, pomp, or edifices.
11) Self-fulfilling: Truth is already total and complete and has no need to proselytize or gain adherents, followers, or "sign up members."
12) Integrity of purpose: There is nothing to gain or lose.
13) Non-sectarian: Truth is not the exposition of limitation.
14) Independent of opinion: Truth is nonlinear and not subject to the limitations of intellect or form.
15) Devoid of Positionality: Truth is not "anti" anything. Falsehood and ignorance are not its enemies but merely represent its absence.
16) No requirements or demands: There are no required memberships, dues, regulations, oaths, rules, or conditions.
17) Non-controlling: Spiritual purity has no interest in the personal lives of aspirants, or in clothing, dress, style, sex lives, economics, family patterns, lifestyles, or dietary habits.
18) Educational: Provides information in a variety of formats and ensures availability.
19) Self-supporting: Neither mercenary nor materialistic
20) Freestanding: Complete without dependence on external or historical authorities.
21) Natural: Devoid of induced, altered status of consciousness or manipulations of energies by artificial means, (i.e., non-reliance on form).
22) Teachers dismissed for moral turpitude, open honesty.
1) Non-dualistic: All transpires by virtue of intrinsic (karmic) propensity within the field by which potentiality manifests as actuality rather than by "cause" and effect.
2) Non-temporality: Life is realized to be eternal and physicality to be temporality. Life is not subject to death.
3) Tranquility and Peace: There are no "issues" or partialities. There is no desire to change others or impose on society. The effect of higher energies is innate and not dependent on propagation or effort. God does not need help anymore than gravity needs "help" of an apple's falling off the tree.
4) Equality: This is expressed in reverence for all life in all expressions and merely avoids that which is deleterious rather than opposing it.
5) Beyond proof: That which is "provable" is linear, limited, and a product of intellectualization and mentation. Reality needs no agreement. Reality is not an acquisition but instead is a purely spontaneous, subjective realization when the positionalities of the dualistic ego are surrendered.
6) Non-predictive: Because Reality is nonlinear, it cannot be localized or encoded in restriction of forms, such as secret messages, codes, numbers, and inscriptions, or hidden in runes, stones, the dimensions of the pyramid, the DNA, or nostril hairs of the camel. Truth has no secrets. The Reality of God is omnipresent and beyond codification or exclusivity. Codes are indicative of man's imagination and not the capriciousness of Divinity.
7) Mystical: The origination of truth is a spontaneous effulgence, radiance, and illumination, which is the Revelation that replaces the illusion of a separate individual self, the ego, and its mentation.
8) Ineffable: Not capable of definition. Radical subjectivity is experiential. It is a condition that replaces the former. With this event, context replaces content, devoid of temporality and beyond time. Reality does not exist in time, or of it, or beyond it, or outside of it, and it has no relationship to that which is an artifice of mentation. It is therefore beyond all nouns, adjectives, or verbs, transitive or intransitive.
9) Non-sentimental: Emotionality is based on perception. Compassion results from the discernment of truth.
10) Detached: There is non-involvement in world affairs.
The above content is an excerpt from
Truth VS Falsehood: How To Tell The Difference
By David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D.
It is an incredible read and provides much needed clarity in today's world. Written shortly after the events of 9/11 it still withstands the test of "time."